Juventus might have to go into their upcoming Champions League game against the Turkish club Galatasaray without their star striker Carlos Tevez who discovered an ankle injury while playing in the Serie A game against Torino on Sunday.
Tevez has been in tremendous nick so far in the season. He has already scored 3 league goals for Juventus so far.
The 29 years old Argentinean forward has joined the Italian club this summer after leaving Manchester City.
Juventus released a statement about Tevez’s injury earlier today. That statement says, “Carlos Tevez is struggling a bit with his ankle. His condition is being assessed, but, there are doubts over his availability for the match against Galatasaray.”
Tevez himself has expressed disappointment over the fact that Ciro Immobile whom he had collided with to suffer that injury wasn’t shown a red card.
On his Twitter account, Tevez uploaded quite a few snaps of the stitches on his ankle. The Argentinean striker also wrote, “The guy because of whom I almost suffered a fracture was shown a yellow card only.”
Meanwhile, the manager of Juventus, Antonio Conte, has said that his side is not relying on Carlos Tevez only.
Talking to the reporters yesterday, Conte said, “Carlos has been in fine form, but, it’s not fair to say that we are relying too much on him. We have got other quality players too.”
“In the last season, Carlos wasn’t here, but, we won the league. So, we can do well without him as well.”
“Carlos is a high class player, no doubt about that. It’s great that he is a part of Juventus, but, we are a side which is not dependent on a particular player.”
Juventus is currently at no. 3 in the Serie A points table with 19 points in 7 games.